Two months ago, I got it into my head that running a bubble tea shop might be a really fun side business. I even contemplated setting up a bubble tea stand at work.
Two months later, I finally got around to making some bubble tea myself, with predictably lame results.
A couple of notes:
- It's a bad sign when Step 6 is "fill shaker glass with ice cubes to 70%", and Step 7 is "fill shaker glass with cold water to 70%".
- The "10-minute cooking pearls" were still somewhat hard in the center after 10 minutes of cooking.
- The strawberry fruit powder bubble tea tastes medicinal.
- I really need to try making bubble tea using syrup instead of powder.
- Making the pearls is the most time-intensive part, and they don't keep very well. That part put me off so much that I haven't made bubble tea for about a month and a half.