What's your favorite song of 2006?
So impossible--I'm afraid I can't choose just one song!
Here are five, as a compromise. For the first four, I've linked off to The Hype Machine for your listening enjoyment; for the last, I've uploaded the track myself, and it's playable below.
- Destroyer, "Looter's Follies" (listen)
- The Fiery Furnaces, "Bitter Tea" (listen)
- Ghostface Killah, "Underwater" (listen)
- Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy" (listen)
- Scritti Politti, "Boom Boom Bap"
That was fucking tough, let me tell you. I feel as if I've missed so much else in that list, and the year is not even yet half over, & there are some fantastic albums out just in the last week that I've not yet heard, &c.